Agile/Scrum Bootcamp Workshop- 2 Days
Agile has become the mainstream way of developing products and delivering services and is increasingly replacing the traditional way of upfront planning waterfall framework. All organizations, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, are using some form of Agile or Scrum today. This is the ideal time for organization to train their employees in Agile/Scrum framework and build high performing self organizing Agile teams. And at the same time organization need to invest in training to build Agile leaders and evangelist to expedite the Agile adoption to support business agility and keep organization competitive and relevant to current market.
This course will train employees to understand need of agile, agile values and principles and Scrum framework to implement Agile and prepare them to take PSM (Professional Scrum Master certification from Scrum.Org).
This course is designed for:
- Team members (Developer, Tester, Business Analysts etc) to work in Agile manner
- Project Managers/Program Managers that would like to make transition to Agile role
- Members that would like to take on Scrum Master or Product Owner roles
- Leaders leading Agile teams or leading Agile transformation
During this course, students will learn:
- Why Agile?
- The value of Agile.
- The difference between Waterfall and Agile.
- The Scrum framework.
- The team structure and roles in Scrum.
- How to manage requirements (user story mapping, user stories writing, backlog grooming and user stories sizing)
- The “Definition of Ready” and the “Definition of Done”.
- Scrum Events – Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Scrum Artifacts.
- Release planning.
Prerequisite for the course
- There is no prerequisite for the course. Some experience of working in waterfall framework could help trainee to appreciate value of Agile more.
After completing this course, students will
- Have knowledge and skills to work in Agile environment effectively with Agile mindset
- Have the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the Professional Scrum Master certification Test from Scrum.Org.
- Be able to implement Agile and the Scrum framework as a Scrum Master role.
- Have the knowledge and skills to take on Product Owner role.
- Be able to influence management and lead Agile transformation within an organization.